Who we are
Our website address is: https://nomidesigns.ca
If you refuse or withdraw your consent, you acknowledge that NoMiNoU may not be able to provide you or continue to provide you with services or information which may be of value to you.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
NoMiNoU may collect personal information in connection with your use or purchase of NoMiNoU’s products and services, including at our retail stores or through your use of the Website, which may include information provided in connection with the following activities:
- Registering or filling in forms on the Website or in our stores. This includes information you may provide when you request additional information about NoMiNoU’s products and services or sign up to receive NoMiNoU’s email newsletters or promotions.
- Completing a profile on the Website.
- Over the telephone.
- Through a social media service (for example Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram).
- Purchasing any product from NoMiNoU, whether at a store or through the Website.
- Providing feedback or making other requests to NoMiNoU.
- Requesting information or assistance from NoMiNoU. NoMiNoU may also keep a copy of any communications or correspondence you may send to us, including any e-mail communications.
- Participating or responding to consumer survey or requests for opinions, concerns, and preferences regarding NoMiNoU’s products and services.
- Participating in consumer contests, sweepstakes and other promotions.
The personal information that NoMiNoU may collect may include your name, username, password, company name email address, age, date of birth, gender, address, telephone number, credit card and debit card numbers (with expiration dates), personal interests, and any other personal information that you choose to include in your profile, or in other communications to NoMiNoU.
NoMiNoU may also collect information that may not be personal information, which may include, but is not limited to, the frequency of user visits to the stores, and use of any hyperlinks available on the Website or email newsletters. NoMiNoU may process and use this aggregate data for various purposes including, but not limited to, analysis of this data for trends and statistics, development of the Website and email newsletters, assessing patterns of use, or planning and evaluating marketing initiatives.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Like many websites, NoMiNoU utilizes “cookies” to maintain a record of your visit to the Website. A cookie is a small text file that is transferred by a web server and stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device. It can only be read by the server that sent it to you. This information does not identify you personally and you remain anonymous unless you have otherwise provided NoMiNoU with personal information.
- Cookies allow us to operate our Services.
- Cookies help us enhance the performance and functionality of our Services.
- We use analytics and customization cookies, including third party cookies, to gather information on how our Services are being used by our visitors and to measure how popular our marketing campaigns are. We use the data we get to help customize our Services for you and make the content you see as relevant as possible. We also use the date we collect to help identify and prevent fraud, and to track visits from our affiliates or partners.
- Cookies help us to regulate the advertisements you receive, provide you with tailored offers, and measure their effectiveness.
- Cookies allow visitors to share our pages and content through third-party social networking websites.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. If you would prefer to prevent your computer from accepting NoMiNoU’s cookies, you may follow your Internet browser’s steps for doing so. Please note, however, that if you do disable cookies from your browser, you may not be able to access certain sections of the Website. Also, because information we obtain may be combined, we may still be able to identify your web browser, computer or mobile device when you access our Services even if you disable cookies.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
NoMiNoU may also collect transactional information and browse behavior on our website. NoMiNoU may use such information to offer you recommendations for products and services that are relevant to your interests. NoMiNoU may use the services of trusted third parties to offer you meaningful recommendations during the online experience.
Upon NoMiNoU’s collection of your personal information, we may use such personal information internally, separately or in combination with pre-existing information, for the following purposes:
- To develop, enhance, market, sell or otherwise provide information, products or services.
- To establish and conduct commercial relationships, including to process purchases or other transactions and to conduct or administer other transactions that you may engage in with NoMiNoU including at our stores, on or through the Website.
- To conduct or administer contests, sweepstakes or other promotions in which you have participated.
- To contact you and to respond to any communications that you may have had with us.
- To troubleshoot problems with the Website.
- To customize your experience or homepage on the Website.
- To develop and manage NoMiNoU’s business and operations.
- To detect and protect NoMiNoU and other third parties against error, negligence, breach of contract, fraud, theft and other illegal activity, and to audit compliance with NoMiNoU’s policies and contractual obligations.
- Improve marketing and promotional efforts, and overall customer experience.
- Offer you personalized content, including by providing customized content and advertising.
- Understand our customer demographics, preferences, interests, and behavior.
- Contact you regarding products and services that we believe may be of interest to you.
- As permitted by, and to comply with, any legal or regulatory requirements or provisions.
- To access, preserve, disclose and use your personal information contained in your account, all submissions, all communications to and from you, all information relating to your use of the Website, if NoMiNoU is required to do so by law or legal process or if NoMiNoU determines, in its sole discretion, that such action is necessary to protect the rights of NoMiNoU, third parties, and other users of the Website or for purposes of responding to your request for customer service.
- For any other purpose to which you consent.
Orders: If you purchase a product from us, we request certain personally identifiable information from you. You must provide contact information (such as name, email and shipping address) and financial information (such as credit card number, expiration date and the 3 digit security code). We use this information for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we will use this information to contact you. Third party service providers may at some point handle personal information collected by us in the course of their relationship with, and service to us.
Email: If you opt in to our email newsletter, register a user account, or make a purchase, we may contact you by email. We may receive a confirmation when you open an email. NoMiNoU may use this confirmation to optimize emails. If, at any time, you prefer not to receive further email communications from NoMiNoU, you will have the ability to unsubscribe from such communications by means of a link provided in every email that is sent to you by NoMiNoU. If, at any time, you prefer not to receive any other form of communication from NoMiNoU, you will have the ability to unsubscribe from such communications by contacting us by email or mail.
We may combine the information you provide to us over time and we may combine such information with information that is publicly available, collected through cookies and other technologies, and information that we receive from our partners, affiliates and other third parties.
Who we share your data with
We may share your information with third parties, including personal information, as follows:
Service Providers: We may use third-party service providers to perform certain services on our behalf, including: shipping, payment processing, data storage/management, webhosting, fulfillment, assembly, marketing, mailing, and emailing. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Website—you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Events: If you choose to participate in an event (for example, a store event, partner event, promotion, contest, or sweepstakes), NoMiNoU may share your information with partner organizations participating in the applicable event.
Sharing with Other Companies (for their marketing or analytics purposes): We may share your information with other companies or organizations which are not part of NoMiNoU. These companies and organizations may use the information we share to provide, or help other companies provide, offers to you, to market products, services or opportunities to you, and to perform data analytics regarding your use of our Services.
Compliance with Law and Fraud Protection: We may disclose your information: (1) when we believe in good faith that it is necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request, such as lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (2) in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person; (3) to other companies and organizations for fraud protection and risk reduction; and (4) to enforce any agreement we have with you.
Business Transfer: Your information may be disclosed as part of any merger, sale of company assets or acquisition, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership, in which case information would be transferred as one of the business assets of NoMiNoU.
Aggregate Information: We may, and we may authorize third parties to, create aggregate records from personal information by excluding information that makes the information identifiable. We may use and disclose, and authorize third parties to use and disclose, aggregate non-personal information at our discretion.
How long we retain your data
The personal information that you provide will be retained by NoMiNoU in accordance with applicable laws. However, NoMiNoU will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information it holds if it is no longer needed for NoMiNoU business purposes.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Data protection for individuals based in the European Economic Area
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Website), or otherwise to pursue other Services. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
Protection of your information
To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, maintain data accuracy and facilitate the appropriate use of information, NoMiNoU utilizes a combination of physical and administrative security technologies, procedures, and organizational measures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
Nevertheless, Internet or wireless transmissions are never completely private or secure. You understand that any messages or information you send to the Website may be read or intercepted by others.
Children under 13
NoMiNoU does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. Please visit the FTC’s website at https://www.ftc.gov for tips on protecting children’s privacy online.
By Email: [email protected]
By Mail: NoMiNoU Unit 613 – 5000 Canoe Pass Way, Tsawwassen, BC V4M 0B3